Fellowship: To support the costs for a visit to a centre of excellence, either in the UK or overseas, to undertake advanced training and/or a research project in Gynaecological Endoscopy.
Please be aware that BSGE will not accept applications to attend any BSGE linked meeting or course and overseas conferences, including the GESEA course and certification in UK or abroad. If in doubt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your application
Bursary: To undertake any formal recognised course in Gynaecological Endoscopy.
Every 6 months (2 rounds per year)
- Open to Consultants, SAS doctors and GP Hysteroscopists who are current members of the BSGE.
- Maximum travelling fellowship award is up to £1,000
- Maximum award for bursaries is up to £500 per course or up to 50% a module of a university degree if it’s more than £1000.
- Funding must be used within one year of award, or will be forfeit.
- Applications will be judged by the Awards Committee of the BSGE and the committee decision will be final.
- Award winners will be written to by the Awards Committee chairman, and published on the website.
- Successful applicants (Travelling Fellowship only) must supply a written report of their visit/research to the BSGE Awards Committee within 2 months of completion. It is anticipated that these reports will be published in The Scope.
- Successful applicants may be asked to make a presentation of their report to the Annual meeting of the BSGE.
- The BSGE Awards Committee reserves the right to require further details about the applicant, or visit.
In order to apply for a Travelling Fellowship or Bursary, you will need the following documents to upload onto the online application system. This can be done at any time. Applications will be considered if received 4 weeks before Awards Committee convenes. Late applications will be considered in the following round.
- A two page Curriculum Vitae
- A single A4 page detailing the proposed visit or research, including estimated costs, dates and any other relevant details (Travelling Fellowship).
- A certificate, or letter, from the host hospital or department to confirm acceptance of the candidate to undertake the visit or research (Travelling Fellowship).
- Reason why you wish to undertake the course (max. 500 words) (Bursary)
- A letter from your institution (CD, manager) confirming support (Bursary).
- One written reference from a BSGE member.
- Please retain the confirmatory email as confirmation of receipt of your application.