We are excited to soon be commencing the 2023 BSGE RIGS HUB National Training Programme.
12th September 2023 – Basic
19th October 2023 – Intermediate
14th November 2023 – Advanced
3 Educational webinars with support the programme (dates TBC)
We will be finalising the application process for faculty in order for you to book any required leave.
- You can apply to become faculty for one, two or three full days of the programme (faculty who commit to at least 2 full days will be eligible for free registration at the 2024 ASM in Belfast).
- The course will be run through regional hubs within all deaneries but the venue has yet to be confirmed.
- The sessions will involve teaching basic, intermediate and advanced level laparoscopic skills, at each session, so we expect that all faculty are experienced in laparoscopic suturing.
- Trainees (ST6 and above) are eligible to apply to facilitate on the basic stream but will be required to be present for the whole day for indirect support of teaching.
- We will allocate on a first come, first serve basis in the event of oversubscription.
- No preparation for teaching is required by faculty in advance of the sessions as tutorials/ lectures will be delivered virtually by the central BSGE faculty.
- The programme for each day will soon be available on the BSGE website.
- All faculty should be BSGE members.
- Certificates of faculty attendance will be issued at the end of the programme.
Please note we do not reimburse for travel/ accommodation but we do offer faculty free ASM registration for 2024 if 2 of the 3 HUB sessions are supported.
If you are interested in becoming faculty for the BSGE RIGS HUB National Training Programme please complete the online form below. Faculty applications will close online at 5pm on 16th June 2023.
We hope you become part of the BSGE RIGS HUB National Training Programme!
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED