To support the costs for a visit to a centre of excellence, either in the UK or overseas, to undertake advanced training and/or a research project in Gynaecological Endoscopy.
Please be aware that BSGE will not accept applications to attend any BSGE linked meeting or course and overseas conferences, including the GESEA course and certification in UK or abroad. If in doubt, please email email@example.com before submitting your application.
- Open to UK Consultants, UK SAS doctors and UK GP’s who are current members of the BSGE.
- One award per year.
- Maximum award is up to £4,000.
- Funding must be used within one year of award, or will be forfeit.
- Applications will be judged by the Awards Committee of the BSGE and the committee decision will be final.
- Award winners will be written to by the Awards Committee chairman, and published on the website.
- Successful applicants must supply a written report of their visit/research to the BSGE Awards Committee within 2 months of completion. It is anticipated that these reports will be published in The Scope
- Successful applicants may be asked to make a presentation of their report to the Annual meeting of the BSGE.
- The BSGE Awards Committee reserves the right to require further details about the applicant, or visit.
Application Process for Alan Gordon Travelling Fellowship
In order to apply for the Alan Gordon Travelling Fellowship, you will need the following documents to upload onto the online application system. The opening and closing dates for applications will notified annually.
- A two page Curriculum Vitae
- A single A4 page detailing the proposed visit or research, including estimated costs, dates and any other relevant details.
- A certificate, or letter, from the host hospital or department to confirm acceptance of the candidate to undertake the visit or research.
- Two written references, one must be from a current BSGE member.
Next round of applications will now close on 25th March 2024.
Please retain the confirmatory email as confirmation of receipt of your application.