RCOG, 10-18 Union Street, London, SE1 1SZ
|RCOG, 10-18 Union Street, London, SE1 1SZ|
This course consists of two elements:
Benign Abdominal Surgery – The challenges of benign gynaecological surgery (online lectures) – 20 – 21 September 2023
Hands-on practical course on essential skills for laparoscopic hysterectomy (RCOG building) – 26 or 27 September 2023
The two-day virtual theory course covers the essential aspects of laparoscopic and open surgery for benign gynaecological disease. This course has been structured with sessions to allow interaction from delegates and incorporate expert discussion of relevant cases.
The practical sessions on the third day will provide training on essential skills required for performing laparoscopic hysterectomy including understanding use of equipment and stack management as well as hands on laboratory training under supervision of expert faculty for components of the procedure including pelvic dissection, uterine manipulation, colpotomy, morcellation and vault closure.
Registration for the practical sessions (either 26 or 27 September) is only available as part of a full conference registration. Places for each of these days are strictly limited to 40.
This meeting is recognised for the ‘Benign Abdominal Surgery: open and laparoscopic’ and ‘Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery for the excision of benign disease’ Advanced Training Skills Modules (ATSM). Please note: The theory underpinning hysteroscopic surgery will be covered by the ‘Diagnostic and Operative Hysteroscopy’ meeting.
Key reasons to attend
- To understand pelvic anatomy relevant to benign gynaecological pathology
- To optimise laparoscopic approach and surgery
- Discuss and present surgical techniques to safely perform total laparoscopic hysterectomy
- How to surgically manage common gynaecological emergencies
- Tips in managing the challenging surgical patient including high BMI
- Case discussion – interesting cases will be presented systematically where discussion of the management options will take place
- Live Q&A will allow delegate interaction with expert faculty
- Practical workshop will focus on essential skills for laparoscopic hysterectomy including upper pedicles, colpotomy, laparoscopic suturing, vault closure and safe use of energy
Lectures – Online
20 – 21 September 2023
Practical Workshop – In-person – RCOG London
26 or 27 September 2023