Guidelines for submission of videos for the trainees’ RIGS programme.
Abstracts are invited, from trainees of all levels, for the trainee video presentation during the RIGS session at the BSGE ASM 2020. This will be held at 09:20 am on Friday, 24th April at the Manchester Central and will give trainees a platform to showcase their own surgical skills on a national level.
We will be selecting the 3 best video abstracts demonstrating an interesting surgical case, a useful technique or excellent performance of a procedure that is appropriate for the level of training.
Preference will be given to interesting and widely relevant videos to those attending the RIGs breakout group, rather than to those demonstrating more advanced laparoscopic procedures.
Each video presentation will be 5 minutes with 2 minutes of questions or discussion.
Authors must declare they are the primary operating surgeon and be able to present the video presentation.
The presenter must register as a delegate for the BSGE ASM.
Authors must declare conflict of interest.
An award will be made to the trainee with the Best Video Presentation.
We require you to upload your surgical video at https://vimeo.com
• Join Vimeo using the Basic package, which is free.
• Ensure your video file is no larger than 500MB and no more than 5 minutes duration
• Title the video ‘Presentation Title & Author Surname’
• Under Privacy- select ‘Access with Password’
• Under Password- use your ‘Surname’
• Under Manage Video- Select My Video
• Select the video you wish to submit
• Once uploaded select the ‘Send Icon’ on the top right side of video screen
• Copy and paste the URL for the video abstract template
Complete the BSGE VIDEO Abstract Submission Form 2020 and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please include the Vimeo URL and your Password (Surname)
• Please limit the word count to 250 and use Microsoft Office 1997-2003 compatible format. The submitting author will be sent an email advising the receipt of the abstract. If such advice is not received within 5 working days, please contact Atia Khan at email@example.com to ensure that it has not gone astray. Please ensure that a correct and valid email address is sent, as authors will be contacted by email regarding acceptance of their abstracts.
Please submit abstracts by 31st January 2020.
You will be notified whether your abstract is selected for RIGS Trainee Video presentation by 14th February 2020.
The British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy wishes to express its sincere gratitude and appreciation to the following companies for the continuing support of the society and confirming their packages for BSGE ASM 2020, Manchester.